Monday, April 11, 2016

It's a Free-for-all

Artist Statement:
The year is 2056. The earth has been used and abused and natural resources are at an all-time low. I have become a nomadic being, hopping between existing structures, houses and buildings for shelter. Most of the land has been cleared of any vegetation, so the ground is mainly dirt. It is impossible to travel outdoors without a filtration helmet as a result of the heavy CO2 pollution that exists in the atmosphere. Also, this helps with windstorms that carry heavy amounts of dust in the air. I’m forced to always be on high alert, as there is no more control over the human population. We are all on our own now and fending for ourselves. For food, I am forced to scavenge whatever resources I can, and can somehow manage to find some fish in the ocean. My clothes that never leave my body consist of a heavy and durable leather jacket, coupled with motorcycle pants for durability. By shoes are utility boots in order to tackle any terrain and protect my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment